Summary: Responsible for assisting in the overall set-up of welding machines and equipment by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sets up welding machines to weld parts according to work order and verbal instructions.
- Cleans parts to remove contamination before welding.
- Moves material with appropriate equipment through work area as needed.
- Changes welding wire or any other tooling to maintain quality and production standards.
- Assists Welders in performing heat stress operations and maintenance of documents and records in accordance with WRK/PWHT-01 and/or WRK/SR-01.
- Assists management in recommending tool needs.
- Completes standard Router steps as needed for each job.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Cleans equipment and machinery as assigned.
- Conforms to Veracity Machine Shop’s safety policies and shop safety rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements Oral Communication Skills Technical Communication Reading Skills Blue Print ReadingEducation/Experience High School Diploma or equivalent. Prior welding or weld shop experience helpful.
- Time Management
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Written Communication Skills